Without having to tackle any major climbs, you can enjoy magnificent views of Bettmeralp and the Valais mountains. Experience sheer hiking pleasure on the sunny plateau!
The starting point of this easy winter hike is the Bettmeralp cable-car mountain station. Walk from there to Hotel Aletsch at the eastern end of Bettmeralp village. Follow the path on the level through the Baschweri towards Martisbergeralp. After about half an hour, the path turns back 180° towards the west. After a slight incline, it continues on level terrain towards Alte Stafel. Passing the Berghaus Möriken hostel, you walk back to Bettmeralp.
The point where the trail crosses the Fiescheralp–Bettmeralp winter hiking trail is a great spot for photos with a wonderful view of Bettmeralp!
AuthorAletsch Arena AG
Updated: March 29, 2021
- Plan each mountain tour carefully and adapt it to your own conditions, the weather and the season.
- The weather in the mountains can change quickly, so make sure you have suitable clothing and sufficient food and water with you. If the weather is unsafe, don’t wait too long to turn back.
- Let someone else know that you are doing the tour and if possible never go alone.
- Do not leave marked trails and do not go onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- Walking on the ski slopes is prohibited.
- Be considerate of other hikers, plants and animals.
- Always find out about the local avalanche situation
The altitude and the route mean that good footwear is absolutely essential for this winter hike.
Tips, hints and links
Getting thereÜber die Kantonsstrasse 19 bis zur Ausfahrt Betten Talstation. Mit der Luftseilbahn Bettmeralp (Aletsch Bahnen AG) hoch auf die Bettmeralp fahren.
ParkingLarge pay car park near the valley station of the Bettmeralp cable car (Aletsch Bahnen AG).
32T 427537 5137391
Book recommendation by the author
- Winter boots or hiking/trekking boots with a good grip
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Warm winter clothing appropriate for the weather
Push the arrows to change the view