We recommend a «2-zone day pass» for walkers or sledgers (from Hasliberg Twing or Reuti) or a «2+ zone day pass» from Meiringen.
The region also has great possibilities for night skiing (Mägisalp-Reuti), which can be combined with an evening of fondue or raclette (a traditional Swiss dish with melted cheese grilled under direct heat) in the Mägisalp mountain restaurant.
- After a snowfall, the ground can be softer and more difficult to walk on.
Tips and hints
Car: There are different ways to reach the region by car. The fastest way from Basel and Geneva is via Berne. The fastest route from Zurich is through Lucerne and the Brünig Pass. The pass is open in summer and winter.
From the south, the route goes over the Grimsel or Susten Pass into the region. Both passes are only open in summer. Alternatively, you can take the Simplon Pass and then Lötschberg car transport.
ParkingThe town of Meiringen has 835 public parking spaces in the village centre and at the valley station of the Bergbahnen Meiringen-Hasliberg. All parking spaces are regulated daily (Sundays too) by parking meters from 8.00 am to 7.00 pm. The exception is the Casino AEH (car park) which is operated around the clock.
Book recommendations for this region:
- The sun’s rays are more intense in the mountains. Don’t forget to bring sunscreen with a high protection factor, a hat and sunglasses with UV protection.
- We recommend bringing warm clothing and rain gear even in summer and in good weather in winter. We recommend layering your clothing.
- Charged mobile phone
- First-aid kit
- Winter shoes with non-slip sole
- Drinks and snacks
- If available: hiking sticks