5.3km of unparalleled sledging fun, accompanied by fantastic views of the Valais mountains: from the mountain station of Gletscherbahn Moosfluh (at 2,333m) down to Riederalp.
Distance 3.2 km
From Riederalp Mitte, head eastwards to the valley station of the Gletscherbahn Moosfluh combi-lift. It’s then just a few minutes by gondola up to Moosfluh view point – a fantastic vantage point overlooking the Great Aletsch Glacier as well as the start of the sledge run. From there you sledge back down via “Scheene Bodu” and Gopplerlücke to the Moosfluh valley station on Riederalp. Accompanying you all the way down the high-speed sledge run: fabulous views of the Valais mountains. Please note: sledges can be hired at the local sports stores.
You can check the status report at any time to see whether the toboggan run is open.
Get the Moosfluh Sledge Pass to maximise your sledge fun: Moosfluh Sledge Pass Prices
AuthorAletsch Arena AG
Update: January 18, 2022
- No walking on the ski pistes.
- Be considerate towards other sledgers.
- Your speed and riding style must match your ability. Sledgers must ride in such a way that they can respond safely to any hazards. They must match their speed and riding style to their ability and to the terrain, snow and weather conditions, as well as to the traffic density
- Stay seated at all times; no riding head-first or lying down; sledges may not be tied together
- Respect the lane of the person ahead. The sledger coming from behind must choose their lane so as to not endanger sledgers in front of them.
- Leave plenty of space when overtaking
Tips and hints
Getting thereTake Kantonsstrasse 19 to the Mörel-Filet exit, then follow signs for the parking facilities. Proceed on foot to the Riederalp cable car (Aletsch Bahnen AG), which takes you up to Riederalp.
- Limited parking spaces (charges apply) at Mörel-Filet station. Further parking options are signposted.
- Large pay multi-storey car parks at the entrance to Mörel-Filet and in the village centre.
32T 426887 5138498
Book recommendation by the author
Book recommendations for this region:
- Helmet and ski goggles recommended
- Appropriate winter clothing and sturdy shoes with a good grip
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view