Fast-paced stretches, idyllic forest sections, fabulous mountains views extending as far as the Matterhorn: the superbly prepared sledge run offers 13km of sheer downhill pleasure.
From Fiesch, take the cable car up to the Fiescheralp mountain station. It’s a five-minute walk eastwards to the start of the Fiescheralp – Lax sledge run, where 13km of unmitigated sledging fun awaits you! The first section, fast-paced but not in any way hazardous, is followed by a romantic ride through snow-covered forests that ends just above Lax. From Lax, the Sports Bus brings you back to Fiesch.
Unbeatable! The sledging day package for 13km of sledging fun: unlimited cable car travel, sledge hire, Trip with the Lax – Fiesch MGBahn – all included!
AuthorAletsch Arena AG
Updated: January 06, 2020
- No walking on the ski pistes.
- Be considerate towards other sledgers.
- Your speed and riding style must match your ability. Sledgers must ride in such a way that they can respond safely to any hazards. They must match their speed and riding style to their ability and to the terrain, snow and weather conditions, as well as to the traffic density
- Stay seated at all times; no riding head-first or lying down; sledges may not be tied together
- Respect the lane of the person ahead. The sledger coming from behind must choose their lane so as to not endanger sledgers in front of them.
- Leave plenty of space when overtaking
Tips, hints and links
Getting thereTake Kantonsstrasse 19 to the Fiesch exit, then follow Furkastrasse to the valley station of the Fiesch-Eggishorn cable car (Aletsch Bahnen AG). Take the cable car up to Fiescheralp.
ParkingLarge pay car park at the valley station of the Fiesch-Eggishorn cable car (Aletsch Bahnen AG).
32T 431100 5140310
Book recommendation by the author
- Helmet and ski goggles recommended
- Appropriate winter clothing and sturdy shoes with a good grip
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.