Ski tour with scenic views from the valley of Turbach up to the Steinmadli. The ski tour leads over alpine meadows up to the pre-summit of the Giferspitz.
(Respect Designated wildlife areas!)
Distance 2.2 km
On the south side of the Turbach valley from the point “Mürni” the route heads along the road in a south-westerly direction. From the first intersection of the road, the ski tour continuous in a south west direction trough a forest aisle. It continues uphill over a wide ridge up to the Steinmandli (stone tower) at about 1950 m. The descend takes you back along the uphill track to the Turbach valley.
This ski tour is not marked.
Update: December 08, 2020
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- It is forbidden to walk on the ski pistes.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.
ParkingParking Steinmandli (Scheidbachstrasse)
No parking spaces are available at Berzgummstrasse. Please observe the driving ban.
32T 371292 5148031
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
- Ski touring equipment: touring ski-boots, touring skis with touring bindings, ski poles, skins, ski crampons
- Climbing harness
- Avalanche transeiver
- Backpack, shovel, probe
- Warm weatherproof clothing
- Warm gloves and warm hat
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- Warm drinks
- Snack (high energy foods such as chocolate, dried fruit etc.)
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view