Challenging ski tour from the mountain village of Lauenen up to the Lauener Rothorn.
Distance 7 km
The ski route starts in Lauenen, the charming mountain village with its preserved wooden houses and the beautiful church from the 16th century. From there, the route leads in an easterly direction along the Mülibach stream to the Rütschli. Then follows a steady ascent in southeastern direction via Uf der Flue and Schönebode until shortly before the alp Unders Blatti. There it goes north of the two Blatti alps up to the Fürflue and further over the demanding Blatti ridge to the summit of the Lauener Rothorn.
The descent leads along the ascent track or via Gubihubel, Gschwend, Sulz and Inneri Tüffi back to Lauenen.
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- It is forbidden to walk on the ski pistes.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.
Tips and hintsFurther ski tours can be found under the following link:
Getting thereThe Destination Gstaad is located in the south-west of Switzerland right on the border to the French-speaking part of the country. The Destination is easily accessed by rail or car from the regions around Lake Thun and Lake Geneva and the Gruyere region Direct connections to the European high-speed rail network and all international airports in Switzerland guarantee a time-saving and pleasant journey.
More information on gstaad.ch: Travel & Public Transport.
32T 371134 5142554
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
- Ski touring equipment: touring ski-boots, touring skis with touring bindings, ski poles, skins, ski crampons
- Climbing harness
- Avalanche transeiver
- Backpack, shovel, probe
- Warm weatherproof clothing
- Warm gloves and warm hat
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- Warm drinks
- Snack (high energy foods such as chocolate, dried fruit etc.)
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view