The Brisen tour is one of the most popular tour destinations in the region with its magnificent panoramic views and descents.
Distance 10.6 km
The pyramid-shaped peak of Brisen, which dominates the entire region, can be seen from afar and is one of the most popular destinations in Central Switzerland. The panoramic view and the wonderful descents are unique. The tour can be shortened with the Haldigrat chairlift. The ski tour from Brändlen to Haldigrat is a real insider tip. While most hikers and freeriders go up with the Maria-Niederrickenbach cable car, from the small Brändlen cable car you can enjoy absolute peace and quiet and a fantastic view in the direction of Bannalp. Once on the Haldigrat, the tour continues over the striking north-west ridge to the summit. You will be rewarded with a fantastic view of the Mittelland. The descent leads either to Gitschenen in the Isenthal, into the north-western flank of the Brisens to the Haldigrat valley station or then via Steinalper-Jochli to the SAC Brisenhaus / Niederrickenbach.
A stop at the mountain inn Haldigrat is worthwhile, there are also overnight accommodations.
AuthorEngelberg - Titlis Tourismus
Update: April 14, 2021
Safety tips for off-piste skiing
- Please note that you are travelling at your own risk.
- A ski tour must be carefully planned.
- Appropriate equipment (avalanche transceiver, probe, shovel, airbag) and clothing are essential safety factors.
- The local ski and mountain guides will take you safely to your destination and back home.
- Emergency call REGA telephone number 1414
Tips and hints
- A2 from Lucerne direction Gotthard until exit Stans-Süd.
- 3.5 km towards Engelberg, after Dallenwil turn left at the signpost to the valley station of the cable car Dallenwil-Niederrickenbach.
ParkingSufficient parking available
32T 456395 5197515
Book recommendations for this region:
EquipmentLVS, Shovel, Probe, Airbag Backpack
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view