With ten dwarf-themed stations offering entertainment, fun and games, this trail is an ideal route for families. Here hiking is fun for young and old!
Distance 6.5 km
The starting point of the themed trail is the middle station of the Fiesch-Eggishorn cable car on Fiescheralp. The Gogwärgiweg trail takes you along the historic Herrenweg track downhill to Fiesch, 1,150m below. You follow in the footsteps of the Gogwärgini – industrious little dwarves who once lived all over Upper Valais: the ten Gogwärgi stations entertain young and old alike with dwarf stories handed down from previous generations, revealing many secrets of nature through play. One highlight of the varied trail is the stone pyramid, or Gogwärgiturm, halfway along the route, where it is said that the Gogwärgini of Fiesch once lived.
Visit Aletsch Zoo in Fiesch and bring a lovely day with the family to a perfect end!
AuthorAletsch Arena AG
Update: May 24, 2022
Safety informationSummer sports report
Use of the trails and the information on this website is at hikers’ own risk. Local conditions may entail changes to routes. Aletsch Arena AG accepts no liability for the accuracy and completeness of information on this website.
- Bring a map. Download full description of this route including large-scale map by clicking on «Print» icon, top right of this page.
- Use marked trails only, and observe all signposting – for your own safety, to safeguard grazing animals and to avoid disturbing wildlife.
- Close gates after passing through.
- Please be considerate to other trail users, and to the plants and animals.
- Do not leave any waste in nature.
Tips and hintsAletsch Arena AG
+41 27 928 58 58
Getting thereTake Kantonsstrasse 19 to the Fiesch exit, then follow Furkastrasse to the valley station of the Fiesch-Eggishorn cable car (Aletsch Bahnen AG). Take the cable car up to Fiescheralp.
ParkingLarge pay car park at the valley station of the Fiesch-Eggishorn cable car (Aletsch Bahnen AG).
32T 431098 5140375
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
- good footwear
- clothing suitable for the weather: always carry a waterproof jacket
- hat or cap
- bottle for water
- binoculars (optional)
- hiking poles (optional)
- printout of this hike (click «Print» icon, to download)
- 3 Waypoints
- 3 Waypoints
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view