Views of the Great Aletsch Glacier and the mountain scenery, coupled with informative adventure stations: on this hike, education, wonder and enjoyment go hand in hand.
Distance 6.7 km
From Riederalp Mitte, head eastwards to the Gletscherbahn Moosfluh valley station. Take the cable car up to the starting point of the hike at Moosfluh view point. The ridge path now leads westwards via Hohfluh onto Riederfurka, to the imposing Villa Cassel. Along the Adventure Trail, five stations give you the opportunity to dive deeper into the world of the UNESCO World Heritage Site. The informative, acoustic and playful presentations look at the themes of Wilderness and Civilisation – the Nature Reserve and Alpine Farming – Water Shortage and Reservoirs – the Gratzug and Poor Souls – Nature Conservation and Tourism. Several beautiful lookout points turn this easy themed trail into a real experience. The last stage of the hike is the descent from Riederfurka down to Riederalp.
The exhibition and alpine garden at the Nature Conservation Centre in Villa Cassel on Riederfurka are well worth seeing! Be sure to plan a visit!
AuthorAletsch Arena AG
Update: December 24, 2021
Use of the trails and the information on this website is at hikers’ own risk. Local conditions may entail changes to routes. Aletsch Arena AG accepts no liability for the accuracy and completeness of information on this website.
- Bring a map. Download full description of this route including large-scale map by clicking on «Print» icon, top right of this page.
- Use marked trails only, and observe all signposting – for your own safety, to safeguard grazing animals and to avoid disturbing wildlife.
- Close gates after passing through.
- Please be considerate to other trail users, and to the plants and animals.
- Do not leave any waste in nature.
Tips and hints
Getting thereTake Kantonsstrasse 19 to the Mörel-Filet exit, then follow signs for the parking facilities. Proceed on foot to the Riederalp cable car (Aletsch Bahnen AG), which takes you up to Riederalp.
- Limited parking spaces (charges apply) at Mörel-Filet station. Further parking options are signposted.
- Large pay multi-storey car parks at the entrance to Mörel-Filet and in the village centre.
32T 425660 5136484
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
- good footwear
- clothing suitable for the weather: always carry a waterproof jacket
- hat or cap
- bottle for water
- binoculars (optional)
- hiking poles (optional)
- printout of this hike (click «Print» icon, to download)
Basic Equipment for Nature Trails
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Comfortable clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view