The ten stations of this family-friendly themed trail present the fascinating world of the industrious little dwarfs who, legend has it, once lived all over Upper Valais.
Distance 5.1 km
Starting in the village of Lax, the pram-friendly themed trail passes through the village centre, before continuing northwards. After about 2 km you reach neighbouring Fiesch. From there the route leads along the Kirchweg, on the edge of the residential areas. It climbs slightly in some places, ending at the playground in Fieschertal, about 2.5 km away. Along the way, you pass ten Gogwärgi stations with hand-carved wooden dwarfs. Here children can have fun discovering the wonders of nature or listening to the fanciful tales of the Gogwärgini dreamed up-by the children from Fiesch-Fieschertal-Lax primary school. There are a number of options for the return route: the trail alongside the Wysswasser river or simply catch the bus back to Fiesch.
Great for the kids to let off steam: there are fantastic playgrounds in Lax and Fieschertal! At Fieschertal, you can even have a barbecue.
AuthorAletsch Arena AG
Update: April 14, 2022
Use of the trails and the information on this website is at hikers’ own risk. Local conditions may entail changes to routes. Aletsch Arena AG accepts no liability for the accuracy and completeness of information on this website.
- Bring a map. Download full description of this route including large-scale map by clicking on «Print» icon, top right of this page.
- Use marked trails only, and observe all signposting – for your own safety, to safeguard grazing animals and to avoid disturbing wildlife.
- Close gates after passing through.
- Please be considerate to other trail users, and to the plants and animals.
- Do not leave any waste in nature.
Tips and hints
Getting thereTake Kantonsstrasse 19 to the Lax exit, then follow to the parking facilities.
ParkingLimited parking spaces (charges apply) at Lax station
32T 432156 5137514
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
- good footwear
- clothing suitable for the weather: always carry a waterproof jacket
- hat or cap
- bottle for water
- binoculars (optional)
- hiking poles (optional)
- printout of this hike (click «Print» icon, to download)
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view