Enjoy jaw-dropping views from the Lounges while learning many interesting facts. This circular trail is an instructive, but above all extremely impressive experience.
Distance 0.4 km
The starting and finishing point of the circular trail that opened in 2019 is the mountain station of the Eggishorn cable car. From here, the 500m circular trail takes you to some particularly impressive lookout points. No fewer than nine Glacier Lounges invite you to bask in the magnificent vista comprising 40 four-thousand-metre peaks and the Great Aletsch Glacier. Information boards along the route provide you with useful and interesting facts about the largest ice flow in the Alps and the UNESCO Swiss Alps Jungfrau-Aletsch World Heritage Site. You should plan a good hour for the easy circular route – including breaks at the Lounges. Part of the impressive themed trail is pram-friendly and barrier-free.
Feel like scaling a peak? At the beginning of the hike, make a brief detour to the summit of Mount Eggishorn (2,926m)!
AuthorAletsch Arena AG
Update: June 15, 2022
Rest stopsMountain hut Horli-Hitta
Use of the trails and the information on this website is at hikers’ own risk. Local conditions may entail changes to routes. Aletsch Arena AG accepts no liability for the accuracy and completeness of information on this website.
- Bring a map. Download full description of this route including large-scale map by clicking on «Print» icon, top right of this page.
- Use marked trails only, and observe all signposting – for your own safety, to safeguard grazing animals and to avoid disturbing wildlife.
- Close gates after passing through.
- Please be considerate to other trail users, and to the plants and animals.
- Do not leave any waste in nature.
Tips and hints
Getting thereTake Kantonsstrasse 19 to the Fiesch exit, then follow Furkastrasse to the valley station of the Fiesch-Eggishorn cable car (Aletsch Bahnen AG). Take the cable car up to Eggishorn.
ParkingLarge pay car park at the valley station of the Fiesch-Eggishorn cable car (Aletsch Bahnen AG).
32T 430333 5141945
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
- good footwear
- clothing suitable for the weather: always carry a waterproof jacket
- hat or cap
- bottle for water
- binoculars (optional)
- hiking poles (optional)
- printout of this hike (click «Print» icon, to download)
- 1 Waypoints
- 1 Waypoints
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view