A beautiful and varied trail through Rhone Valley for experienced hikers
Distance 40 km
If you love variety, this wonderful but physically demanding day trip is just the thing for you. The route through the numerous villages and hamlets on both sides of the Rhone Valley is full of new things to discover. Descents, leisurely passages and climbs - some on the demanding side - also make the tour a real technical treat.
Each of the idyllic mountain villages is a fine place to have a break.
Safety informationThere are gradients of up to 20 %. Besides, you have to overcome more than 1200 m in height over a length of 40 km. Therefore, we only revommend it to experienced mountain bikers.
Tips and hints
Contact us for further information:
Aletsch Arena AG
Tel.: +41 27 928 58 58
Fax: +41 27 928 58 59
Getting thereFrom Brig westwards via route 19. Take the first exit of the roundabout towards Fiesch.
ParkingPlease inform yourself about parking facilities in the area.
32T 433541 5139313
EquipmentWeather-proof clothing, solid footwear, refreshment/water.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view