Challenging cycling tour at the Aletsch Plateau in Valais from Fiesch to Martisberg and Bettmeralp
Distance 36.9 km
This wonderful circular tour is an ideal way to explore the Aletsch Plateau and the idyllic Valais villages and hamlets on the sunny slopes below. The fact that riders are not only rewarded with panoramic views of the Rhone Valley and the Valais mountains but can also make full use of their skills is probably what makes the tour so popular.
You should visit also lake Bettmersee, just a few minutes away from Bettmeralp.
Getting thereFrom Brig westwards via route 19. Take the first exit of the roundabout towards Fiesch.
ParkingPlease inform yourself about parking facilities in the area.
32T 433535 5139301
EquipmentWeather-proof clothing, solid footwear, refreshment/water.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view