Beautiful Mountainbike lap across the mountainsides along Bettmeralp
Distance 19 km
Take a leisurely ride around Bettmeralp. This easy round trip begins with a relaxed descent to the beautiful Valais village of Betten. From there, ride back through charming hamlets to the Aletsch Plateau, surrounded by magnificent views of the Rhone Valley and the Valais mountains.
Tips and hints
Getting thereDrive from Brig to Betten on the road 19 and take the funicular to the top of the station at Bettmeralp.
ParkingPlease inform yourself about the parking possibilities on site.
32T 427892 5137819
EquipmentMountainbike, helmet, weatherproof clothes, sun protection, enough liquids (particularly water)
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view