You can always check the status report to see if the flow trail is open.
Safety informationUse only the marked bike paths and roads and follow the signs. Please close gates and pasture fences behind you. Be considerate of hikers, plants and animals. Hikers always have right of way. Assess your skill and fitness level realistically. Riding the various routes is always at your own risk.
Tips and hintsAletsch Arena AG
+41 27 928 58 58
Getting thereTake Kantonsstrasse 19 to the Betten valley station. The cable car (Aletsch Bahnen AG) takes you to Bettmeralp.
ParkingLarge pay car park near the valley station of the Bettmeralp cable car (Aletsch Bahnen AG).
EquipmentBasic equipment for mountain biking
- Bicycle helmet (poss. enduro or full-face helmet)
- Cycling gloves, elbow and knee pads (poss. back and shin protectors)
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear (poss. MTB shoes with ankle protection)
- Clothing using a multi-layer system with moisture wicking
- Backpack (with rain cover)
- Sun, rain and wind protection (hat, sunscreen, waterproof and windproof jacket)
- Mobile phone
- First aid kit
- Pocket knife
- Navigation device / map and compass
- Sufficient provisions and drinking water
- Air or CO2 pump with cartridges
- Tyre repair kit
- Spare inner tube
- Chain rivet
- Allen key
- Handlebar mount for mobile phone/satnav
- Bicycle lock
Where applicable, a roadworthy (e-)mountain bike with plenty of suspension travel, a bell, front and rear lights and spoke reflectors.
The lists for “basic equipment” and “technical equipment” do not claim to be complete and only serve as suggestions for what you should pack.
For your own safety, you should carefully read all instructions for the proper use and maintenance of your machine.
Please make sure that your equipment complies with local laws and does not contain any prohibited items.