Zermatt’s fitness trail (Vitaparcours): a jogging and fitness circuit at the foot of the Matterhorn. The lush forest between the Zmuttbach river and Furi offers a beautiful setting for exercise. The route is varied, with the fitness stations at the prettiest locations in the mixed mountain woodland. The trail leads over meadows, past crags and over soft carpets of larch needles up to the hamlet of Blatten.
- Grippy trail surface, slippery only in very few places
- Pleasantly shady
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.
Getting thereZermatt is car-free. Private vehicles are permitted only as far as Täsch (5 km before Zermatt). The Täsch–Zermatt road is closed to the public.
Onward travel to Zermatt is either by private taxi or shuttle train. Trains depart every 20 minutes; the journey takes about 12 minutes, and ends at the Bahnhofplatz in Zermatt.
ParkingTäsch has car parks with both covered and open-air parking – e.g. at the Matterhorn Terminal or privately operated facilities.
Onward travel: see “Getting there”.
- Suitable footwear
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
- Plenty to drink
- 6 Waypoints
- 6 Waypoints