This medium-difficulty hike gives you the opportunity to discover the other side of the Rhone Valley – including magnificent views of the valley itself.
Starting at Mörel-Filet station, make the short climb up to the main road and continue eastwards to the bridge, where you’ll cross from Mörel to Filet. The path then turns west, passing the district of Pfäwi before climbing through Lägundwald forest and continuing to Tunetschalp via the hamlet of Zen Achru. From the picturesque mountain pasture, follow the path that takes you across the Tunetschgraben. The medium-difficulty hike continues through Mattwald forest, uphill to Termen village square, the destination of the hike. For the return journey, take the bus to Brig and from there the train to Mörel-Filet.
A small path that branches off before Pfäwi leads to a drainage tunnel of the Mörel hydropower plant. There is a wonderful view of Mörel-Filet to enjoy here.
AuthorAletsch Arena AG
Updated: June 26, 2020
Use of the trails and the information on this website is at hikers’ own risk. Local conditions may entail changes to routes. Aletsch Arena AG accepts no liability for the accuracy and completeness of information on this website.
- Bring a map. Download full description of this route including large-scale map by clicking on «Print» icon, top right of this page.
- Use marked trails only, and observe all signposting – for your own safety, to safeguard grazing animals and to avoid disturbing wildlife.
- Close gates after passing through.
- Please be considerate to other trail users, and to the plants and animals.
- Do not leave any waste in nature.
Tips, hints and links
Getting thereTake Kantonsstrasse 19 to the Fiesch exit, follow Furkastrasse as far as the parking facilities.
- Limited parking spaces (charges apply) at Mörel-Filet station. Further parking options are signposted.
- Large pay multi-storey car parks at the entrance to Mörel-Filet and in the village centre.
32T 426689 5134082
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
- good footwear
- clothing suitable for the weather: always carry a waterproof jacket
- hat or cap
- bottle for water
- binoculars (optional)
- hiking poles (optional)
- printout of this hike (click «Print» icon, to download)
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.