A steep path winds its way in serpentines from the valley up to the sunny plateau. You’ll enjoy the unique view even more after completing this challenging climb.
Distance 6.5 km
Starting at the playground in Fieschertal, cross the Wysswasser river and follow the path that winds through the forest up towards Bärg. From there, the route continues to climb in steep serpentines up to Matt. Once you reach Geissbode, the greater part of the climb (around 1,100m) is behind you. The final section takes you westwards on a relatively level path straight across the sunny plateau to Fiescheralp. From there, take the cable car back down to Fiesch and return to Fieschertal by PostBus.
Round off the tour with a view of the Great Aletsch Glacier! Take the cable car up to the Eggishorn view point and enjoy the panoramic vista there.
AuthorAletsch Arena AG
Update: November 04, 2022
Rest stopsHotel Eggishorn
Use of the trails and the information on this website is at hikers’ own risk. Local conditions may entail changes to routes. Aletsch Arena AG accepts no liability for the accuracy and completeness of information on this website.
- Bring a map. Download full description of this route including large-scale map by clicking on «Print» icon, top right of this page.
- Use marked trails only, and observe all signposting – for your own safety, to safeguard grazing animals and to avoid disturbing wildlife.
- Close gates after passing through.
- Please be considerate to other trail users, and to the plants and animals.
- Do not leave any waste in nature.
Tips and hints
Getting thereLeave Cantonal Road 19 at the Fiesch exit, then follow Fieschertalstrasse to Fieschertal.
ParkingThere are limited parking spaces (charges apply) at the village square in Fieschertal.
32T 434146 5141578
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
- good footwear
- clothing suitable for the weather: always carry a waterproof jacket
- hat or cap
- bottle for water
- binoculars (optional)
- hiking poles (optional)
- printout of this hike (click «Print» icon, to download)
- 1 Waypoints
- 1 Waypoints
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view