1,000m up and down, winding paths to make the downhill sections doable, plus fantastic views of the Matterhorn and over 40 peaks of 4000m or more – exceptionally enjoyable hiking!
Distance 7.3 km
From Fiesch, take the cable car up to Fiescheralp. This is where the hike begins, leading you from the sunny plateau down into the valley. Set off from Fiescheralp in a westerly direction, then follow the path which branches off up to Laxerstafel, where a small lake and views of the breathtaking mountain panorama await you. From here, a winding path takes you further down into the valley, making it a leisurely descent to Lax. The 1,000 or so metres of altitude difference on this stage is easily covered. Once in Lax, take the train back to Fiesch.
The small lake at Laxerstafel is an idyllic place for a rest with a fabulous view. Don’t forget to pack a delicious Valais snack!
AuthorAletsch Arena AG
Updated: June 16, 2021
Use of the trails and the information on this website is at hikers’ own risk. Local conditions may entail changes to routes. Aletsch Arena AG accepts no liability for the accuracy and completeness of information on this website.
- Bring a map. Download full description of this route including large-scale map by clicking on «Print» icon, top right of this page.
- Use marked trails only, and observe all signposting – for your own safety, to safeguard grazing animals and to avoid disturbing wildlife.
- Close gates after passing through.
- Please be considerate to other trail users, and to the plants and animals.
- Do not leave any waste in nature.
Tips and hints
Getting thereTake Kantonsstrasse 19 to the Fiesch exit, then follow Furkastrasse to the valley station of the Fiesch-Eggishorn cable car (Aletsch Bahnen AG). Take the cable car up to Fiescheralp.
ParkingLarge pay car park at the valley station of the Fiesch-Eggishorn cable car (Aletsch Bahnen AG).
32T 431096 5140302
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
- good footwear
- clothing suitable for the weather: always carry a waterproof jacket
- hat or cap
- bottle for water
- binoculars (optional)
- hiking poles (optional)
- printout of this hike (click «Print» icon, to download)
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view