Superb scenery and charming Valais villages: this beautiful hike across the sunny valley slope is thoroughly enjoyable.
The hike begins in Fiesch. At the Fieschertal/Bahnhof turn-off, continue in the direction of Wiler, and where the trails cross in Birchi, continue towards Fiescheralp. After a short while, you reach the Laggeraweg trail, which you follow through meadows and woods as far as a bridge and the turn-off to Martisberg. After climbing up to Martisberg, the route continues on relatively level terrain: the route along the sunny valley slope takes you past the idyllic Valais villages of Betten Dorf, Goppisberg and Greich with their typical blackened larchwood houses. For the last section – the descent to Mörel-Filet – you have two options: you can hike down into the valley either via Ried-Mörel or via Breiten. Then take the train back to Fiesch.
The Valais villages along the route are charming and idyllic. Be sure to leave time for a quick tour of each!
AuthorAletsch Arena AG
Updated: April 08, 2021
Use of the trails and the information on this website is at hikers’ own risk. Local conditions may entail changes to routes. Aletsch Arena AG accepts no liability for the accuracy and completeness of information on this website.
- Bring a map. Download full description of this route including large-scale map by clicking on «Print» icon, top right of this page.
- Use marked trails only, and observe all signposting – for your own safety, to safeguard grazing animals and to avoid disturbing wildlife.
- Close gates after passing through.
- Please be considerate to other trail users, and to the plants and animals.
- Do not leave any waste in nature.
Tips, hints and links
Getting thereTake Kantonsstrasse 19 to the Fiesch exit, follow Furkastrasse as far as the parking facilities.
ParkingLarge pay car park at the valley station of the Fiesch-Eggishorn cable car (Aletsch Bahnen AG).
32T 433393 5139228
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
- good footwear
- clothing suitable for the weather: always carry a waterproof jacket
- hat or cap
- bottle for water
- binoculars (optional)
- hiking poles (optional)
- printout of this hike (click «Print» icon, to download)
Push the arrows to change the view