Shady woods, broad meadows and, in the St. Anna Chapel, a spiritual place for a brief moment of contemplation. Relaxed hiking at its finest!
Distance 3.8 km
The starting point of the hike is Aletsch Zoo at the valley station of the Fiesch-Eggishorn cable car. Set off along the Bregeraweg until it meets the hiking trail towards Bellwald. This trail then takes you uphill through beautiful shady woods via Gibelegga towards Fürgangen and on to the St. Anna Chapel. From there you walk across meadows to Bellwald. Take the Bellwald-Fürgangen cable car back into the valley to Fürgangen. There you catch the train back to Fiesch.
Fancy an adrenaline buzz? Make a detour to the Goms Bridge in Fürgangen. The 280m-long suspension bridge crosses the Rhone at a height of 92m.
AuthorAletsch Arena AG
Updated: April 23, 2021
Use of the trails and the information on this website is at hikers’ own risk. Local conditions may entail changes to routes. Aletsch Arena AG accepts no liability for the accuracy and completeness of information on this website.
- Bring a map. Download full description of this route including large-scale map by clicking on «Print» icon, top right of this page.
- Use marked trails only, and observe all signposting – for your own safety, to safeguard grazing animals and to avoid disturbing wildlife.
- Close gates after passing through.
- Please be considerate to other trail users, and to the plants and animals.
- Do not leave any waste in nature.
Tips and hints
Getting thereTake Kantonsstrasse 19 to the Fiesch exit, then follow Furkastrasse to the valley station of the Eggishorn cable car (Aletsch Bahnen AG).
ParkingLarge pay car park at the valley station of the Fiesch-Eggishorn cable car (Aletsch Bahnen AG).
32T 433589 5139356
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
- good footwear
- clothing suitable for the weather: always carry a waterproof jacket
- hat or cap
- bottle for water
- binoculars (optional)
- hiking poles (optional)
- printout of this hike (click «Print» icon, to download)
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view