A paved path, hardly any gradients and even lit at night: the Aletsch Promenade connects Bettmeralp with Riederalp and is an easy walk that anyone can manage.
The starting point of this hike is Bettmeralp cable car mountain station. From here you head west along the Aletsch Promenade, which is paved and therefore wheelchair accessible. There is virtually no climb to the destination of the hike – the Riederalp mountain station. Benches along the Aletsch Promenade invite you to rest a while and enjoy the view. By the way, the Aletsch Promenade is lit at night! So it’s also ideal for an evening stroll.
Out and about with kids? The Hobbyland playground is a great place to let your kids really let off steam!
AuthorAletsch Arena AG
Updated: December 01, 2020
Use of the trails and the information on this website is at hikers’ own risk. Local conditions may entail changes to routes. Aletsch Arena AG accepts no liability for the accuracy and completeness of information on this website.
- Bring a map. Download full description of this route including large-scale map by clicking on «Print» icon, top right of this page.
- Use marked trails only, and observe all signposting – for your own safety, to safeguard grazing animals and to avoid disturbing wildlife.
- Close gates after passing through.
- Please be considerate to other trail users, and to the plants and animals.
- Do not leave any waste in nature.
Tips, hints and links
Getting thereTake Kantonsstrasse 19 to the Betten Valley Station exit. Take the Bettmeralp cable car (Aletsch Bahnen AG) up to Bettmeralp.
ParkingLarge pay car park near the valley station of the Bettmeralp cable car (Aletsch Bahnen AG).
32T 427542 5137406
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
- good footwear
- clothing suitable for the weather: always carry a waterproof jacket
- hat or cap
- bottle for water
- binoculars (optional)
- hiking poles (optional)
- printout of this hike (click «Print» icon, to download)
Push the arrows to change the view