Two spectacular suspension bridges, typical Valais villages and impressive natural landscapes. Sure-footed hikers with a head for heights can look forward to a real adventure!
The trail starts above Fiesch and leads you along the valley of Fieschertal to “Titter”. There the Aspi-Titter suspension bridge spans the 120m-deep white-water gorge. The view from the 160m-long suspension bridge into the depths below is stunning. Tip: Enjoy a break in the “Titterhütte” hut before crossing the bridge. The short but steep climb awaiting you on the other side is easier if you’re feeling refreshed. Sure-footedness and a head for heights are a must on this section, which takes you up to the highest point of the hike! From there you walk to Bellwald and continue down via Fürgangen to the second suspension bridge of the tour: the 280m-long Goms Bridge crosses the wild young Rhone, which rushes by 92m below. On the other side of the valley, the restaurants in Mühlebach offer you the chance to fortify yourself for the final stage of the six-hour circular hike through Ernen and back to Fiesch.
After crossing the Aspi-Titter bridge, turn left towards “Schranni” for some fabulous views of the Fiesch Glacier!
AuthorAletsch Arena AG
Updated: July 01, 2020
Café Amy's Schafstube
Café Bed&Breakfast Hängebrigga
Safety informationSummer sports report
Use of the trails and the information on this website is at hikers’ own risk. Local conditions may entail changes to routes. Aletsch Arena AG accepts no liability for the accuracy and completeness of information on this website.
- Crossing the Aspi-Titter Bridge and the Goms Bridge requires sure-footedness and a head for heights.
- Always pay attention to warning and information signs en route.
- Bring a map. Download full description of this route including large-scale map by clicking on «Print» icon, top right of this page.
- Use marked trails only, and observe all signposting – for your own safety, to safeguard grazing animals and to avoid disturbing wildlife.
- Close gates after passing through.
- Please be considerate to other trail users, and to the plants and animals.
- Do not leave any waste in nature.
Tips, hints and linksAletsch Arena AG
+41 27 928 58 58
Getting thereTake Cantonal Road 19 to the Fiesch exit, then follow Furkastrasse as far as the parking facilities.
ParkingLarge pay car park at the valley station of the Fiesch-Eggishorn cable car (Aletsch Bahnen AG).
32T 433467 5139229
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
- good footwear
- clothing suitable for the weather: always carry a waterproof jacket
- hat or cap
- bottle for water
- binoculars (optional)
- hiking poles (optional)
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.