An enjoyable and impressively varied hike: alongside the diverse vegetation and the natural and cultural landscapes, the experience is enriched by three cultural and themed trails.
From Mörel-Filet station, make the brief climb to the main road and continue in a westerly direction to the Parking Aletsch. Follow the narrow path down to the Mörel power plant and cross the young Rhone. Make your way through the shady Lägundwald forest and up to Zen Achru. The path carries on along the Tunetschflüe via Erlis, climbing through meadows until you pass briefly through the forest and reach the alpine pastures of Tunetschalp. There are three cultural and themed trails here that make for interesting and educational tours: the Kapellenweg, the Nieschrundweg and the Kalkofenweg. An old sledge run, once used as a quick transport route, leads steeply downhill back into the valley and the neighbourhood of Filet. From there, it’s just a few minutes’ walk back to Mörel-Filet station.
The cultural and themed trails on Tunetschalp are interesting and educational. Plan a tour or two into your hiking route!
AuthorAletsch Arena AG
Updated: May 08, 2020
Use of the trails and the information on this website is at hikers’ own risk. Local conditions may entail changes to routes. Aletsch Arena AG accepts no liability for the accuracy and completeness of information on this website.
- Bring a map. Download full description of this route including large-scale map by clicking on «Print» icon, top right of this page.
- Use marked trails only, and observe all signposting – for your own safety, to safeguard grazing animals and to avoid disturbing wildlife.
- Close gates after passing through.
- Please be considerate to other trail users, and to the plants and animals.
- Do not leave any waste in nature.
Tips, hints and links
Getting thereTake Kantonsstrasse 19 to the Mörel-Filet exit, then follow signs for the parking facilities.
- Limited parking spaces (charges apply) at Mörel-Filet station. Further parking options are signposted.
- Large pay multi-storey car parks at the entrance to Mörel-Filet and in the village centre.
32T 426683 5134078
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
- good footwear
- clothing suitable for the weather: always carry a waterproof jacket
- hat or cap
- bottle for water
- binoculars (optional)
- hiking poles (optional)
- printout of this hike (click «Print» icon, to download)
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.