A beautiful hike that calls for stamina with climbs of 600 metres in all. But the Burghütte and the view of the Fiescher Glacier are absolutely worth the effort!
Distance 8.6 km
The tour starts in the idyllic village of Fieschertal and takes you up the valley along the east side to Unnerbärg, initially on fairly level terrain. Once there, follow signs for Fieschergletscher/Klettergarten, and after five minutes or so the path rises steeply towards the Aspi-Titter suspension bridge. Your efforts on this strenuous stretch of trail are rewarded with views of the Fiescher Glacier. Continue on past idyllic mountain huts to the Burghütte, a beautifully situated hut which is the destination of the hike. For the return route, first head in a westerly direction and then down the valley to the starting point at Fieschertal.
You’ve earned it! After the strenuous climb, treat yourself to the delicious fare available at the Burghütte and fortify yourself for the descent.
AuthorAletsch Arena AG
Update: December 23, 2021
Rest stopsMountain hut Castle hut
Use of the trails and the information on this website is at hikers’ own risk. Local conditions may entail changes to routes. Aletsch Arena AG accepts no liability for the accuracy and completeness of information on this website.
- Bring a map. Download full description of this route including large-scale map by clicking on «Print» icon, top right of this page.
- Use marked trails only, and observe all signposting – for your own safety, to safeguard grazing animals and to avoid disturbing wildlife.
- Close gates after passing through.
- Please be considerate to other trail users, and to the plants and animals.
- Do not leave any waste in nature.
Tips and hints
Getting thereDrive from Brig on the road 19 and the Fieschertalerstraße to Fieschertal.
ParkingPlease inform yourself about the parking possibilities on site.
32T 434150 5141599
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
- good footwear
- clothing suitable for the weather: always carry a waterproof jacket
- hat or cap
- bottle for water
- binoculars (optional)
- hiking poles (optional)
- printout of this hike (click «Print» icon, to download)
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view