You’ll need a head for heights to cross the 280m-long Goms-Bridge suspension bridge. It’s the highlight of this easy tour and offers amazing views.
Distance 12.6 km
Starting at the Hotel du Glacier in Fiesch, make your way to Aletsch Zoo and continue on the Bregeraweg trail towards Fieschertal. After the railway crossing, take the path that branches off right and continue via Gibelegg and the Äbiwald forest to Fürgangen. Take the underpass and head to the Goms suspension bridge (which is accessible to wheelchair users and cyclists). The path now leads west across sloping meadows until you join the road leading to Chäserstatt. At the first bend, take the hiking trail through Mühlebach forest. There’s a fantastic view waiting for you in Chäserstatt! For the return journey, take the path to Mühlebach below Restaurant Chäserstatt. From there, you can either continue alongside the water channel and through the meadows and fields, or via Mosshubel past the gallows to Ernen. Follow the path across Ärnerfäld down to the power station and cross the young Rhone before arriving at the starting point of the tour again.
Take a break at Restaurant Chäserstatt and enjoy the view of the Aletsch Arena, Bellwald and the Rhone valley from its sunny terrace.
AuthorAletsch Arena AG
Update: June 16, 2021
Rest StopChäserstatt Hut
Use of the trails and the information on this website is at hikers’ own risk. Local conditions may entail changes to routes. Aletsch Arena AG accepts no liability for the accuracy and completeness of information on this website.
- Crossing the Goms Bridge requires sure-footedness and a head for heights.
- Bring a map. Download full description of this route including large-scale map by clicking on «Print» icon, top right of this page.
- Use marked trails only, and observe all signposting – for your own safety, to safeguard grazing animals and to avoid disturbing wildlife.
- Close gates after passing through.
- Please be considerate to other trail users, and to the plants and animals.
- Do not leave any waste in nature.
Tips and hints
Getting thereTake Kantonsstrasse 19 to the Fiesch exit, follow Furkastrasse as far as the parking facilities.
- Limited parking spaces (charges apply) by the Hotel du Glacier.
- Large pay car park at the valley station of the Fiesch-Eggishorn cable car (Aletsch Bahnen AG).
32T 433478 5139221
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
- good footwear
- clothing suitable for the weather: always carry a waterproof jacket
- hat or cap
- bottle for water
- binoculars (optional)
- hiking poles (optional)
- printout of this hike (click «Print» icon, to download)
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view