A beautiful, easy hike along the Wysswasser river. Thanks to a barrier-free wheelchair path, the first part of this hike is also easily accessible to wheelchair users and people with impaired mobility.
Distance 5.5 km
The hike starts at the car park of the Fiesch-Eggishorn cable car, For the journey out to Fieschertal, take the wheelchair path. The broad, gently climbing trail leads along the west bank of the Wysswasser glacier river to Fieschertal village square. You’ll pass the the Matterhorn Gotthard Railway viaduct, the Blätz children’s ski lift and Fieschertal’s large playground on your way. The barrier-free path means wheelchair users and people with impaired mobility can enjoy the landscape too. You’ll then make the journey home on the Bregeraweg trail on the other side of the river. Hike back to Fiesch, passing by the hamlet of Wichel and through Hämischbode. The path leads through a wonderfully shady forest and follows the Wysswasser river during its final stretch. There is a short, gentle climb to tackle on this section of the route before you arrive at Aletsch Zoo. Alternatively, you can make the journey from Fieschertal back to Fiesch by PostBus.
The perfect place to stop for a rest for young and old alike: Fieschertal has an amazing playground with a barbecue area. Ideal for family hikes!
AuthorAletsch Arena AG
Update: April 08, 2021
Use of the trails and the information on this website is at hikers’ own risk. Local conditions may entail changes to routes. Aletsch Arena AG accepts no liability for the accuracy and completeness of information on this website.
- Bring a map. Download full description of this route including large-scale map by clicking on «Print» icon, top right of this page.
- Use marked trails only, and observe all signposting – for your own safety, to safeguard grazing animals and to avoid disturbing wildlife.
- Close gates after passing through.
- Please be considerate to other trail users, and to the plants and animals.
- Do not leave any waste in nature.
Tips and hints
Getting thereTake Kantonsstrasse 19 to the Fiesch exit, follow Furkastrasse as far as the parking facilities.
ParkingLarge pay car park at the valley station of the Fiesch-Eggishorn cable car (Aletsch Bahnen AG).
32T 433565 5139508
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
- good footwear
- clothing suitable for the weather: always carry a waterproof jacket
- hat or cap
- bottle for water
- binoculars (optional)
- hiking poles (optional)
- printout of this hike (click «Print» icon, to download)
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view