A fun sports activity for the whole family. The safe, all-terrain mountain carts promise a fast-paced downhill ride from Blausee to Riederalp.
From the mountain station of the Riederalp Mitte cable car, walk east to the valley station of Gletscherbahn Moosfluh. From there, ride up to the Blausee middle station, where you take possession of your mountain cart. The fun sports vehicle is a cross between a go-kart and a sledge, and its three wide wheels, low sitting position and hydraulic brakes make it very safe. The mountain cart trail takes you down a dirt road from Blausee to the valley station of Gletscherbahn Moosfluh. On the 2.8km ride, you pass Restaurant Chüestall and Gopplerlücke. Please note: The minimum age for mountain-cart hire is 10 years. Children up to the age of 16 must be accompanied on the downhill ride by an adult.
An ideal place to replenish the energy levels of hungry mountain-cart drivers is the barbecue area at Blausee – Matterhorn views thrown in for free.
AuthorAletsch Arena AG
Updated: November 08, 2019
Rest StopChüestall Mountain Restaurant
- The minimum age for downhill mountain carts is 10 years
- Children up to 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult
- Helmets must be worn at all times
- Oncoming traffic, pedestrians, vehicles and livestock can be expected along the entire cart track.
- Carts may be used on the officially signposted track only. The use of carts on hiking trails is strictly prohibited.
- Your driving style and speed must be adapted to the terrain, your own abilities and other road users.
- Road traffic regulations must be observed at all times. In particular, cart drivers must drive on the right, be able to stop at any time within half the visible distance, and give priority to pedestrians.
- The marked downhill trail is part of the general road and trail network, and as such is neither specially secured nor monitored.
- Be considerate towards other road users, plants and animals.
Tips, hints and links
Getting thereTake Kantonsstrasse 19 to the Mörel-Filet exit, then follow signs for the parking facilities. Proceed on foot to the Riederalp cable car (Aletsch Bahnen AG), which takes you up to Riederalp.
- Limited parking spaces (charges apply) at Mörel-Filet station. Further parking options are signposted.
- Large pay multi-storey car parks at the entrance to Mörel-Filet and in the village centre.
32T 426539 5137828
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
- Mountain cart
- Sturdy footwear
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.