The cross-country ski trail at Lake Bettmersee is a lovely little circuit offering 2 km of enjoyable skiing, both classic style and skating.
From the mountain station of the Bettmeralp cable car, set off east through the village until you reach the winter hiking trail leading up to Lake Bettmersee. After a brief climb, you can strap on your cross-country skis right beside the lake. The trail starts off alongside the frozen and snow-covered Bettmersee. While you do your laps on the two-kilometre trail, enjoy the magnificent views across the sunny plateau and the snow-covered 4000m peaks of the Valais mountains.
There is no charge for using the cross-country ski trail at Lake Bettmersee!
AuthorAletsch Arena AG
Updated: February 01, 2021
- The use of the trails is at your own risk.
- Use only marked trails and follow all markings and signs - for your own safety, for the protection of the landscape and in respect of wildlife.
- Be considerate towards other cross-country skiers.
- Every cross-country skier, especially on downhill runs, must adapt speed and behaviour to his ability and visibility.
- In classic running tracks and on the piste for free running technique, you run on the right side of the piste with an appropriate safety distance to the front runner.
- If you stop, you step out of the cross-country ski run.
- Weather conditions in the mountains can change very quickly and without warning. Appropriate clothing is very important.
Tips, hints and links
Getting thereTake Kantonsstrasse 19 to the Betten Valley Station exit. Take the Bettmeralp cable car (Aletsch Bahnen AG) up to Bettmeralp.
ParkingLarge pay car park near the valley station of the Bettmeralp cable car (Aletsch Bahnen AG).
32T 427911 5138157
Book recommendation by the author
- Good cross-country skiing material
- Weatherproof (waterproof and windproof) warm clothing and headgear
- Good sun protection, even in cloudy weather. UV rays at high altitudes can be very strong, especially in winter.
Push the arrows to change the view