The oratoire was constructed in 1830 to protect the area from avalanches and flooding.
The stone base of the niche was recovered from the ravine. The roof is four-sided with slate tiles, topped by a weather vane and cockerel.
The niche contains a painting dating from the early 19th century representing the Holy Family. There are also 4 small angels and a statue of the Virgin Mary with the infant Jesus.
In June 2008 the Oratoire was restored by Cecile & Roland Berthoud.
The painting was restored in 2021.
Show on Map
32T 335379 5115445
Arrival by train, car, foot or bike